Classic raspberry jam – a find in the cold season. Sweet, fragrant and suitable for everything. You can make a hot drink, and a pie, and eat pancakes, and just smear it on bread. Always delicious!
Today “So Simple!” Will tell you how to make a favorite berry delicacy with an unusual taste. All you need is to add a banana to the jam. Yes, yes, it is a banana. The taste of the jam will turn out amazing – like fruit gum. At first it seems like raspberry, and then a banana aftertaste. The perfect combination!
Raspberry for the winter
Raspberries – capricious berries. At first glance, it seems that making jam is easy, but it was not there. Berry is easy to digest or spoil the taste of the finished product with unnecessary ingredients.
Cook jam from raspberry best with herbs – mint, lemon balm and basil. In order not to interrupt the flavor of the berries, you can add apples, pears, blueberries, cranberries, bananas. Raspberries are not friendly with strawberries and currants. These berries drown out even a strong raspberry flavor.
Raspberry jam with banana is stored for a long time. Can be made from frozen berries. And the benefit is doubly increased. Bananas have potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, iron, vitamin E of youth and, of course, serotonin – the hormone of happiness . Cooking such yummy is a must!
- 1 kg of fresh raspberries
- 250 g banana pulp
- 800 g sugar
- 1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon
If you want to make frozen raspberry jam , defrost it at room temperature and drain excess liquid before cooking. If the raspberry has lost its flavor, add vanillin and 30 ml of brandy (per 1 kg of berries) at the end of cooking.
- Put raspberry berries into a thick bottom saucepan. Make mashed potatoes with potato mash or blender.
- Bananas finely chopped (half rings or quarters) and add to the berries.
- In the berry puree, pour sugar and citric acid. Stir well and set the pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally so as not to burn.
- Bring the jam to a boil and reduce the heat to low. After boiling, boil for another 10–20 minutes, stirring and removing the foam. If you want a thicker jam, boil for 30–40 minutes or add pectin to the jam (12–15 g per 1 kg of fruit puree).
- Without removing from the heat, pour the jam into dry sterilized jars and roll up. Turn the prepared jam upside down, cover with a fur coat or a warm blanket until it cools completely. Keep in a cool place.
I hope this recipe for raspberry jam will appeal to you and your loved ones . A jar in orderly rows gradually fill the shelves in the closet.
Some people refuse to jam because of the large amount of sugar in it. In “! So Simple” is a solution to this problem: a great recipe for homemade jams without a gram of sugar. Prepared from any berries in several approaches , and for storage will need thoroughly washed glass jars.
Like the recipe? Save it to your bookmarks and tell your friends how to make raspberry jam for the winter .